Get DesignFIT - Gaining the wisdom to understand the whole 'SHE-BANG'
We all know how valuable preparation can be in order to fulfil our endeavours efficiently. Employing the same approach when renovating your home is much the same. The more you prepare and anticipate your build, the more you will be rewarded financially, and save time.
We have created DesignFIT with the aim to enable women to create their new homes with ease and efficiency. In doing so, empowering you to harness greater agency and creativity throughout the development of your new home.
No matter what your project challenge, our aim is to gather together project parameters known at the time of our Design FIT Service, including:
F – Factors affecting your project: including your aspirations of function and design outcomes, opportunities and constraints of your site, and your construction budget
I – Ideas generated as an outcome of those initial Factors in the form of: preliminary layouts, 3 dimensional sketches and/or discussion
T – Tactics: to articulate, accommodate, and optimise the key milestones (and hurdles) and to define a clear path from project initiation, to when you move into your new home.
How Can You Get DesignFIT?
At your existing home (that you want to renovate, extend, or demolish and rebuild) is best. This gives us immediate insight into the big picture issues at hand. If it’s a holiday home or a new site (for a new house), that’s great too – we can make that work.
During regular business hours please.
We currently have limited opportunity, so its best to email firstname.lastname@example.org directly, or call us on 03 9349 1454, to determine a mutually convenient time.
As this meeting is very important to the future success of your project, we like to meet with all decision makers in your household.
This means that we are able to understand each respective person’s needs and requirements and so that we can respond to all of your dreams, requirements, and perspectives equally and transparently.
This also saves you time and money in the long run.
Our DesignFIT session will cost you $1,450 (plus GST).
This cost is inclusive of our preparation time; up to 2 hours consultation time; and of course, our experience and expertise.
Our DesignFIT Service includes
- A meeting at your project’s site to provide a preliminary review of your home and potential, as well as any known opportunities and limitations.
- A preliminary site layout to describe known opportunities and limitations of your existing home and site.
- Review of the relevant Planning Property Report applicable to your site (if your site is located in Victoria).
- Preliminary concept(s) created during our meeting. These will be in the form of a sketch plan layout and/or thumbnail sketches.
- Discussion on project costs of projects of similar scale, location and/or complexity.
- Discussion on timing of projects of similar scale, location, and/or complexity, up to and including, design stages, planning, tender, and construction stages.
- Initial review of potential issues that could affect project timelines such as Statutory Permits, Consultants, building methods, builders.
- And finally, consideration of non-conventional building considerations, including, but not limited to, Passivhaus, low carbon living, and biophilic design (if you are interested!).
Our DesignFIT Service
This process may also be known as a “Master Planning Session”. We’ve purposely using a different name (along with our unique twist to the Service) with intent to removing gendered language from our working vocabulary.
Terms and Conditions
Please read our Full Terms and Conditions of our DesignFIT Service.